compensation: depends on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
ASCI is looking for an individual to fill the role of Invoice Exception Specialist. This position is primarily responsible for supporting invoice exception resolution within PSCM. The focus of this position is to provide professional, efficient, and proactive support to internal and external customers to resolve invoice discrepancies and drive on-time payments.
Activities include but are not limited to: Resolves or advises on the resolution of invoice exceptions assigned to PSCM; Assists PSCM with invoice remediation; Handles escalated supplier support and invoice issues; Produces and uses reporting to highlight issues and prioritize activities; Identifies process and procedural gaps and makes recommendations for improvements. The utmost professionalism and proactive customer service attitude is mandatory at all times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work in a safe manner and correct unsafe acts and conditions.
• Monitor incoming invoice workflow and exceptions to ensure on-time processing and payment targets are met.
- Prepare/distribute reporting on a weekly basis that captures the overall invoice health of the process, to include the following as needed:
* Targeted reporting for problem areas
* Aging reporting for user groups, prioritizing action items.
*Following established escalation guidelines for unactioned items
- Produce metrics on exception volumes and turnaround times
- Identify bottlenecks and stagnating workflow
• Interface with Finance and Operations to resolve workflow issues
• Understand vendor invoicing requirements, the client’s P2P process and contracting strategies. Counsel vendors on invoice corrections needed for a successful invoice cycle
• Support PSCM on training suppliers on invoice requirements and best practices. Serve as the point of contact to coordinate resolution of supplier invoice issues that are impacting the delivery of materials/services, the supplier’s financial health, or the client’s reputation.
• Translate invoice exception workflow into specific actions for practitioners. Ensures items are actioned on a timely basis. Raises technical or process issues to the appropriate channel
• Use reporting and metrics to identify areas for improvement; participates in and champions system and process improvements
• Create support and training materials for practitioners and suppliers as needed, including desktop procedures
• Any other duties as assigned
• A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience working in a medium to large office environment in an administrative capacity.
- Experience in SAP or similar accounting system is preferred.
• Associates degree in Accounting, Finance or Business required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience may be substituted for the degree requirement on a 1:1 basis. If experience is substituted, a High School Diploma, or equivalent, is required.