compensation: DOE $64,000 - $84,000 Annually. Great Benefits Package employment type: full-time telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
Assists in the day-to-day financial operations of CIHA, ensuring transactions are recorded in accordance with CIHA policies and procedures, GAAP, GASB and FASB as applicable. Primary emphasis will be in managing all phases of construction accounting, grant reporting and fixed asset accounting for CIHA and additional companies as needed, and inventory tracking and reporting. Position requires a thorough understanding of grant accounting as capital projects involve multiple levels of funding. Responsibilities include development of depreciation and amortization schedules; project reporting, loan amortization, project audits as well as knowledge of cost certifications and accounting processes related to Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) development.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
• Assist Development/Project Manager with project budget development to ensure compliance with CIHA chart of accounts as well as grant compliance and reporting.
• Monthly reporting to managers and partners of construction activities.
• Full monthly reconciliation of all project accounts including close of construction projects / integration into CIHA books.
• Develop Capital Administration overhead allocation schedules to reflect full cost of project monthly.
• Work with external auditors to complete annual financial audit, cost certifications, break-even analysis, and grant audits as required.
• Assists the department in system and internal control design as needed.
• Ensures project budgets are entered correctly and analyzed monthly.
• May supervise staff member(s) to ensure staff complies with CIHA policy and procedures.
• Write procedures and train users.
• Assist in preparing financial and summary reports for internal and external users, including but not limited to financial statements, periodic and final grant reports, and inventory reports.
• First responder to accounting special project needs of CIHA development staff and grant program managers.
• Prepares various monthly and annual schedules reconciling sub-ledgers to the general ledger for CIHA and additional companies, as needed.
• Prepares footnotes and supporting documentation for financial audit as assigned.
• Cross-train in other duties in the Accounting department.
• Completes special projects and other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles with emphasis in governmental accounting principles.
• Ability to develop comprehensive work plans for short, mid-range and long term projects such as financial analysis for operating departments, including job and cost allocations as appropriate.
• Strong budget and analytical skills, including financial and audit skills relating to governmental accounting.
• Computer skills with emphasis in spreadsheets, word, and accounting software.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work effectively with department management and staff, and to effectively communicate with regulatory authorities.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with a particular emphasis on the presentation of financial material.
• Ability to work independently to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Comprehensive understanding of complex financial statements.
• Extremely strong DR/CR skills – rote memorization a plus.
Education and Experience
• Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Finance with an emphasis in Accounting or equivalent experience.
• Five years progressive experience in accounting functions and in the utilization of accounting software.
• Additional experience desired, but not required: construction accounting; cost allocations and job costing; capital project budget and reporting; past CPA firm employment; Great Plains software experience.
Please visit www.cookinlethousing.org to submit an application.
Cook Inlet Housing Authority provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Employment preference is given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native or American Indian candidates to the extent required or permitted by applicable law.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers