Chickaloon Village Traditional Council
QR Code Link to This Post
(Nay’dini’aa Na’ Kayax)
Internal/External Position Announcement
If you enjoy grant(s) management and would like to utilize your skills to support a fiscally responsible Tribal Government; and be part of a strong team of dedicated, passionate, and caring accounting professionals, this is the job for you!
Job Title: Grants Coordinator
Mission: Helping Our Citizens to Thrive
What We Offer: A full-time 35-40 hour per week position, with a competitive pay structure, and a great benefits package including: 15 paid holidays plus accrued PTO, free training and educational opportunities, a variety of insurance benefits, and a generous 401(K)-retirement plan.
What We Are Seeking: As the Grants Coordinator, you will be an integral part of the Accounting Department team responsible for helping to operationalize more than 45+ grants and contracts. You will help develop and review proposals, close-out grants, and audit reports for submission to funders. You will work collaboratively with our Department Directors (DD’s) and Program Managers (PM’s) to research, develop and submit funding proposals that are in alignment with CVTC’s strategic plan.
Additional Responsibilities: You will monitor, task, and manage deadlines for reporting purposes as outlined in grant deliverables. You will ensure proper execution of grant documents and manage grant documentation. You will provide updates to DD’s and PM’s on regulation changes, funder program updates, and maintain points of contact, etc. You will write award summary notices for staff and thank you notes to funders to post on the CVTC website and/or social media. You will work directly with the Accounting Director and/or Executive Director in developing or updating grant management policies and procedures. This critical position can expect to have regular interaction with CVTC staff members and outside agencies.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
• 3+ years of experience with grant writing, grant management, and/or grant record keeping. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, additional experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
• Knowledge of how to collaborate and negotiate with grantees, project managers, management, finance staff, to help identify common needs, standardize grant agreements, eliminate duplicative efforts, and work to streamline the grant process.
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and leadership skills; including the ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Strong problem-solving, analytical, and organizational abilities.
• Ability to function well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
• Superb time management skills to ensure scheduled activities are followed.
• Proficient with Microsoft 365 Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams), database software, and general office equipment with the willingness to learn new systems.
• Qualified candidates may be asked to complete a skills demonstration.
• A valid Alaska Driver’s license is required for this position and the ability to be insured on CVTC’s vehicle insurance policy.
AN/AI Preference: As allowed in P.L. 93-638, preference for employment will be given to Alaska Native and American Indian peoples.
Visit www.chickaloon-nsn.gov/employ and select the job link to apply. Please apply by February 16th at 9AM, open until filled. Please contact HR at 745-0749 or email@example.com with any questions.