compensation: Competitive; depends on experience. Position open until filled. Submit resume, work references and salary requirements. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The Icicle Seafoods, Inc. Operations Project Manager is assigned a variety of specialist projects necessary to improving Icicle's operations. This position will be responsible for the company's continuous improvement initiatives in plant operations. This position will require extensive travel across Icicle's Alaska production facilities during the production seasons. Position reports to the VP of Process Improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads and/or actively participates in a variety of operations focused special projects. These projects will vary depending on the business needs and the goals of the operations department.
• Drives the continuous improvement and cost reduction deployment plans to directly support plant operations needs.
• Assists senior leadership and champions in selecting projects that align with business / functional goals and strategies.
• Works collaboratively with a team to effectively implement prioritized process improvement projects, maximizing ROI.
• Acts as the senior center of expertise for continuous improvement methods.
• Reinforces process improvement culturally through learning, development and communication.
• Acts as change agent for efforts that cross sites, functions, processes, and business units.
• Develops mechanisms for knowledge sharing and best-practice transfer across the business and with its business partners. Ensures that processes across the enterprise, once improved, can rapidly be "copied exact" throughout the organization.
• Ensures project tracking systems and business results are communicated / summarized monthly and quarterly.
• Leads projects of significant size and scope.
• Ensures proper documentation is completed to meet quality systems requirements.
• Proactively monitors and develops processes to ensure appropriate, relevant and timely operations data is captured and made available for downstream analysis and reporting.
• Works with operations to set performance metrics, quality metrics, and recovery metrics.
• Other operations focused projects will be assigned, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skill and experience required:
• Minimum 3 years in a seafood production environment with a strong systems and technical aptitude.
• Engineering or business degree; or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
• In depth knowledge of production principles, techniques and related equipment.
• Strong data analysis and reporting skillset.
• Experience working in a highly-regulated food manufacturing industry.
• High aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting.
• Previous Six Sigma training preferred.
• Ability to motivate others and build high production teams through exemplary leadership.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Solid computer skills in a MS Windows operating environment.
• Demonstrated ability to prepare complex reports for analysis as well as presentation for the leadership team.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
• The position will be based in Seattle during the offseason and will travel across Icicle's Alaska based production sites during the fishing seasons. While working in Seattle, the standard work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, with extended hours needed in order to meet business needs and project deadlines. The work schedule in Alaska requires long hours, up to 16-hours per day and 7 days per week.