JOB SUMMARY: The Field School Coordinator is responsible for the management of Kellogg Field School and its involvement with associated educational programs.
QR Code Link to This Post
Kellogg Field School is located on Alaska Pacific University’s 750-acre Kellogg Campus in Palmer, Alaska. The campus hosts APU’s Masters in Outdoor and Environmental Ed Program, an interactive Children’s Garden, wooded nature trails and an experimental greenhouse.
• Oversees day-to-day Field School management (Four seasonal sessions)
• Teaches as needed and offers other related workshops.
• Supervises, evaluates, hires/fires student workers in consultation with Program Director..
• Teaches noncredit-bearing workshops for students/interns.
• Provides oversight and training of teaching assistants, students and interns.
• Develops and updates of all necessary Field School administrative forms, marketing materials, risk management protocols and standard operating procedures.
• Provides budget development and oversight.
• Ensures program revenue generation sufficient to cover Field School operating costs.
• Collaborates with visiting APU classes, groups and public programs.
• Performs teaching duties while in-session and additional duties beyond the sessions:
o Additional duties may include: recruitment, curriculum development, enrollment, program design, marketing, student and parent retention, promotional events, camp liaison activities, and community relations.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
• Skill in facility maintenance and scheduling.
• Skill in project and employee management.
• Skill in working with budgets and cash flow.
• Skill in multitasking.
• Skill in consistently meeting or exceeding deadlines and goals.
• Skill in working effectively with diverse groups and individuals with varying needs.
• Skill in being self-directed, collaborative, organized, and having an attentive to details.
• Skill in utilizing software related to word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and e-mail.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
Master’s degree in Education, Outdoor/Environmental Education or related field preferred.
PREFERRED EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
Master’s degree in Education, Outdoor/Environmental Education or related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
Non-Supervisory: Three (3) years’ experience running OEE-related education programs.
Possess current valid driver’s license. Ability to pass a driving history check and driving test
Apply online at: https://www.alaskapacific.edu/careers/kellogg-field-school-coordinator