compensation: $10.50 Per Hour employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Alaska Zoo is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Coffee Shop Barista. The Barista is responsible for participation in the day to day operations of the coffee shop including, but not limited to, preparation and service of various food and drink items in accordance with the Anchorage Food Code.
This is a part-time seasonal position, approx. 16-24 hours per week, with the possibility to become full-time seasonal in the summer months.
Essential Functions (including but not limited to):
· Prepare and serve a variety of hot and cold beverages including coffee and espresso drinks
· Prepare and serve a variety of hot and cold food items
· Greet customers in a friendly manner and provide efficient and accurate customer service
· Accurately process customer payments including cash, check and credit card transactions
· Ensure products for sale are fully stocked during hours of operation
· Receive and stock inventory from deliveries
· Be familiar with and follow zoo policies and procedures
· Count and balance cash drawer with accuracy
· Resolve minor customer complaints/issues
· Ensure the coffee shop is kept clean and organized
· Answer phone calls and direct calls to other departments if needed
· Other relevant duties as needed
Qualifications and Experience:
· Minimum one (1) year barista experience and/or one (1) year experience working in hospitality, retail, and/or customer service industry
· Food Worker Card or ability to obtain within thirty (30) days of employment – Provided by The Alaska Zoo
· Kaladi Brothers Barista Academy certification or ability to obtain within sixty (60) days of employment- Provided by The Alaska Zoo
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong computer skills. Previous experience with point of sale systems preferred.
· Strong math skills
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time
· Ability to periodically lift up to thirty-five (35) pounds, unassisted
· Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions, when needed
· Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
· Ability to multitask in fast-paced environment and problem solve
· Ability to stay productive when customer traffic is slow and when working alone
· Successful candidates must be able to successfully pass pre-employment screening, including a background check
· Able to provide excellent customer service while providing high standards of efficiency, accuracy, and consistency.
Interested applicants should send resume with completed Alaska Zoo Job Application to Tristan L. Thon via Craigslist link or by dropping off in person. The Alaska Zoo Job Application can be found at https://www.alaskazoo.org/employment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers