The Anchorage Marriott Downtown, a full service Marriott hotel is currently seeking motivated individuals several positions in our Banquets. We are a full service hotel with 392 rooms, located in downtown Anchorage. The hotel has a Full Service Restaurant, Bar, Room Service, Concierge Lounge, Gift Shop, Fitness Center, and an Indoor Pool.
QR Code Link to This Post
Department: Food and Beverage
Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly, and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to the guest needs and making them feel welcome and comfortable. Servers should be able to stand or walk for an extended period of time as well as move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 pounds without assistance. Servers are required to perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor. Applicants must be at least 21 years old. (Hourly + Gratuity)
Barista's responsibilities consists of:
1) Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas.
2) Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment.
3) Clean service or seating areas.
4) Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
5) Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
6) Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation descriptions.
7) Receive and process customer payments.
8) Serve prepared foods, such as muffins, bagels, etc.
9) Stock customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items.
10) Take customer orders and prepare them.
11) Maintain the use of retail equipment, such as espresso machines.
12) Set up or restock product display and for following shifts.
******Alaska Charr Food handlers Card is a must. *****