QR Code Link to This Post
Are you ready to work on the slope and have a rotational schedule? Do you have a food handler card and industry experience?
Brooks Camp is seeking full-time Kitchen Cooks for our Day and Night shifts, this person would work directly under the Head Chef alongside other Kitchen Assistants and other Cooks. As a Kitchen Cook you are responsible for food preparation, clean up, regular kitchen maintenance, and supporting the Head Chef provide high-quality meals to our guests at camp.
To be successful you will be responsible for helping maintain sanitation standards, performing a variety of cleaning, food preparation, stocking, and serving duties in a commercial kitchen, storeroom, Dining Hall and Spike Room.
This position is in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska and requires a rotational commitment working a three-week on/three-week off rotation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists head chef as needed and coordinates activities within a food service area.
- Maintains a variety of products at certain levels in preparation, serving, or storage areas including service machines.
- Stocks various food service areas and spike rooms with various products and materials.
- Cleans dishes, utensils, pots, pans etc. and places in assigned storage areas in an organized and orderly manner.
- Washes objects by hand or with cleaning equipment.
- Helps to prepare food or cook vegetables, entrees, sauces, meats, etc.
- Conduct weekly inspections with the head chef of all kitchen equipment and facilities to ensure proper utilization, care, and maintenance standards are met.
- Report equipment/facility/food issues promptly to Head Chef or Camp Manager.
- Confirm, accept, unload, and help inventory food, supplies, and equipment deliveries.
- Adhere to mealtime schedules, clean‐up, and prep time.
- Notify supervisor if safety and sanitation standards are not being met immediately.
- Be a positive role model to camp guests and staff in your attitude and behavior.
- Clean, organize and reset the kitchen, service, and dining area following each meal.
- Ensure high‐quality meal experiences for all attendees at camp.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Chef and or Camp Manager.
Additional Job Duties
This job description is intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Other duties may be assigned and the company reserves the right to modify, interpret, and apply the job description as necessary. This job description is not a contract for employment. It is the company’s policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude, and experience, to provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non‐work‐related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected status. When applicable, the company’s policy of non‐discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, layoff, compensation, termination, reduction in force, and benefits. It is the company’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodation, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
You must be able to pass a pre-hire non-DOT Drug Test (7-Panel) and a Fit-for-Duty exam. Brooks Camp will arrange these during the pre-hire process if you are considered for a position. Please speak with the Hiring Manager, or refer to functional job description for the physical demands of this position and working conditions.
Don't delay, apply online today!