Responsible for the delivery of social services to the Agency patients and their families in accordance with a physician's written orders, under the supervision of the Medical Social Worker/Clinical Director. Will Establishes, implements, and evaluates goals and objectives for social services to meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the company's mission and philosophy.
1. Evaluates and assesses the social and emotional factors related to the patient's health problem as a means of estimating the patient's capacity and potential to cope with the problems of daily living.
2. Provides supportive casework for patients and their families geared toward acceptance of health problems.
3. Provides information concerning secondary effects of illness, especially emotional components.
4. Acts as intermediary between patients and other community agencies and assists with nursing home placement.
5. Assists patients and their families to locate and utilize community resources.
6. Direct the implementation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure social services are delivered in accordance with policy.
7. Prepares clinical/progress notes on the day visits are made and incorporates same in the clinical record within 72 hours.
8. Maintains involvement in related community activities and stays aware of the scope and of all available community resources.
9. Participates in the development and/or revision of the physician's plan of treatment
10. Collaborates and consults with the patient's physician and other health care team members to assist them in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the patient's health problems and in planning for discharge
1. The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing is required.
2. The ability to access patients' homes which may not be routinely wheelchair accessible is required.
3. Hearing, eyesight and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the patient's condition and to perform patient care.
4. Physical activities will include, walking, sitting, stooping, and standing and minimal to maximum lifting of patients and the turning of patients.
1. Master's Degree/Baccalaureate degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or other field related to social work.
2. One year of social work experience in a Health or Welfare Agency is preferred
3. Must have current CPR certification/Alaska State Clinical Social Worker Licensed (LCSW)
4. Must have a fingerprint criminal background check
5. Auto insurance/Auto License.
Wellspring Home Health Agency's mission is to provide professional and paraprofessional services to clients in their homes assisting them achieve the highest level of potential in their day-to-day self-care activities. We are committed to providing high quality, multidisciplinary care by professionals who recognize the need for comprehensive assessment of needs from both the client and professional's point of view. Our goals and services are based on two fundamental philosophical principles: the belief in the innate worth of the sick, aged, and disabled individual and the belief that each individual, regardless of age, race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or handicap(s) is entitled to maximize his or her potential as a human being and as a member of society.
Interested Candidates can go to our website and complete an application: www.wellspringhomehealth.com
Job Type: Full time/Part time
Job Location: Anchorage, Eagle River, Chugiak, Mat-Su Valley, Willow, and Telkeetna Alaska
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers