Chickaloon Village Traditional Council
QR Code Link to This Post
(Nay’dini’aa Na’ Kayax)
Health & Social Services Department
Internal/External Position Announcement
If you enjoy spending time with, and caring for Elders, enjoy a varied workday; on-the-job training; and being part of a strong team of dedicated, passionate, and caring professionals, this is the job for you!
Job Title: Elder Wellness Advocate
Department: Health & Social Services
Mission: Helping Our Citizens to Thrive
What We Offer: A full-time position, with a competitive pay structure, and a great benefits package including: 15 paid holidays plus accrued PTO, free training and educational opportunities, a variety of insurance benefits, and a generous 401(K)-retirement plan.
What We Are Seeking: A self-motivated, customer-service focused, ethical and professional Elder Wellness Advocate responsible for providing compassionate support, and attentive one-on-one care to enhance the quality of life for our Elders. This position supports Elders to continue independent living by helping with daily activities such as: dressing, bathing, meal preparation, medication reminders, running errands, laundry & light housekeeping.
Additional Responsibilities: Transporting Elders to wellness activities and other community events; engage Elders in activities like playing games, reading, and visiting; call Elders to check in on them; document client needs and update work logs, maintain confidential records, and ensure confidentiality policies and practices are always followed. The Elder Wellness Advocate will also monitor and schedule vehicle maintenance and perform routine cleaning of company fleet vehicles,
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
• At least 1 year of experience providing personal care is preferred.
• Preferably has a PCA Certification or be willing to complete certification training upon hire.
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and leadership skills.
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Strong problem-solving, analytical, and organizational abilities.
• Ability to function well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products and the ability to type 40 words per minute.
• Must be agile and able to lift 35 lbs. at a time on occasion.
• High School degree or G.E.D. are required.
Certificates and Licenses Required: A valid Alaska Driver’s license is required for this position and the ability to be insured on CVTC’s vehicle insurance policy. Must be willing to obtain CPR and First Aid certification within 30 days of hire.
Drug Testing and Background Check: This position is subject to pre-hire and random drug testing. This position requires you to complete and pass a pre-employment state and federal background check as a condition of employment.
AN/AI Preference: As allowed in P.L. 93-638, preference for employment will be given to Alaska Native and American Indian peoples.
Visit www.chickaloon-nsn.gov/employ and select the job link to apply. Candidates, please apply by Wednesday, February 14th at 5PM.
Please contact HR at 745-0749 or email@example.com with any questions.