compensation: $10 - $15 per hour, DOE employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
For over 100 years, we have helped girls develop the skills and confidence they need to blossom into their best selves. From our earliest badges in electricity, aeronautics, and natural sciences to today's all girl robotics teams and cookie entrepreneurs, girls have challenged themselves through our skill-building opportunities, worked with inspiring role models and developed lifelong friendships. If you are committed to making a difference, seek work with lasting impact and want to help build girls of courage, confidence and character who make Alaska and the world a better place, Girl Scouts of Alaska is hiring a Customer Service and Retail Specialist for our Anchorage Office. Girl Scouts of Alaska offers a robust benefits package with PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD and Life Insurance, and a 403(b) with employer match.
The Customer Service and Retail Specialist will work in the council store, provide prompt, courteous service to both internal and external customers, manage the council store inventory and complete other assigned projects in a timely fashion. Our store is open between the hours of 9:00AM to 5:00PM Monday-Friday so this position will typically be scheduled between these hours, including time before and/or after to do opening and closing duties. Limited weekend hours may be required from time to time.
• Committed to the policies and mission of the Girl Scout organization and willing to become a Girl Scout member.
• Able to manage time effectively, work independently, and handle several projects at the same time.
• Organized and able to pay attention to accuracy.
• High school diploma or equivalent or currently working towards obtaining a diploma or equivalent.
• Strong customer service skills and ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Strong computer skills. Typing 40+ words per minute.
• Experience providing customer service, working in retail, managing inventory, processing customer transactions.
• Experience providing office support including telephones, copiers and other office equipment.
• Ability to lift and carry at least 35 lbs.
Girl Scouts of Alaska is an equal opportunity employer.