Our corporate family is a team of passionate, enthusiastic, dedicated and highly qualified people. Our work allows us to create innovative solutions to complex housing issues in our community. We create housing opportunities that empower our people and build our community.
QR Code Link to This Post
We have a great benefits package which includes the Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS), Supplemental Benefit System Annuity Plan (SBS), and employer paid Life/STD/LTD insurance, extremely affordable health coverage, generous PTO accruals, paid holidays, an educational reimbursement program, a great wellness program and 457 optional pre-tax deferrals.
If you are interested in the Procurement Specialist I-II position and you have the expertise, skills and energy to match our mission to provide independence through housing, we encourage you to apply.
Procures supplies and materials for the Housing Authority and assists in the purchase and monitoring of capital assets, property, professional services and construction contracts as directed by the Procurement Manager. Procures goods and services utilizing CIHA Procurement Policy, as well as procurement guidelines under 2 CFR Part 200 and 24 CFR Part 1000.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
• Establishes and maintains vendor contacts and vendor listings.
• Works with CIHA personnel to develop specifications and documentation for procurements requiring written solicitation.
• Manages preparation, implementation and execution of procurement processes and ensures CIHA policies are followed for all procurements.
• Procures goods, services, and construction contracts as assigned by supervisor. May be asked to perform more complex procurements under the guidance of the Procurement Manager.
• Locates vendors, distributes solicitations, and receives responses.
• Prepares Notices of Award, standard Contracts, and Contract Amendments.
• Secures all required documentation and prepares and maintains the Contract/Audit files.
• Works closely with vendors in establishing good working relationships and resolving discrepancies in volume, quality, price, deliveries, etc.
• Develops and maintains the fixed asset system and property control listing of CIHA properties, which includes: record keeping, tagging equipment, and ensuring fixed asset disposal procedures are followed in fixed asset disposition.
• Maintains procurement files and filing system including vendors’ Certificates of Insurance and licenses where required by contract.
• Review and approve electronic requisitions for routine purchases.
• Assists in the organization of, and delivery of, procurement training sessions for CIHA staff.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and complete multiple assignments to meet deadlines and operating needs
• Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and proofread documents
• Knowledge of standard procurement principles and practices and the ability to apply them to various types of purchasing actions
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relations with staff and vendor community
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to use standard computer programs (spreadsheet, database, word processing)
• Ability to read and comprehend policy and procedures
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with major course work in business administration, , or closely related field or experience may be substituted for college on a year-for-year basis
• 3 years' experience in a procurement related field
• 2 years' experience with computerized purchasing system preferred
Please visit www.cookinlethousing.org to submit an application.
Cook Inlet Housing Authority provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Employment preference is given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native or American Indian candidates to the extent required or permitted by applicable law.