Chickaloon Village Traditional Council
QR Code Link to This Post
(Nay’dini’aa Na’ Kayax)
Culture & Historic Preservation Department
Internal/External Position Announcement
If you enjoy utilizing your administrative skills to support Tribal mission purposed work; and you enjoy a varied workday; on-the-job training; and being part of a strong team of dedicated, passionate, and caring Tribal Historic Preservation professionals, this is the job for you!
Job Title: Administrative Assistant I, II
Department: Culture & Historic Preservation Department
Mission: Helping Our Citizens to Thrive
What We Offer: A full-time position, with competitive pay, and a great benefits package including: 15 paid holidays plus accrued PTO, free training and educational opportunities, a variety of insurance benefits, and a generous 401(K)-retirement plan. A family-friendly work environment, cultural activities, and fun!
What We Are Seeking: A self-motivated professional, who is an organizational wizard, to coordinate a variety of meetings such as Land Use and consultation meetings with other government agencies, maintain agendas, take accurate minutes, disseminate tasks, and draft correspondence for the Director.
Additional Responsibilities: You will draft outgoing correspondence as directed, assist with other technical documents, and grant reporting projects. You will serve as the Directors go-to for important reminders, check requests, travel requests, and keeping inventory of incoming and outgoing correspondence.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
• 2 - 3 years of administrative experience, with experience supporting at least one supervisor with program and project tasks.
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and leadership skills; including the ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds; establish and maintain cooperative relationships and work successfully as a member of a team.
• Excellent time management, problem-solving and organizational skills, with a proven ability to meet sometimes competing deadlines.
• Superb verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to function well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn and embrace new or updated software and the ability to accurately type 50 + WPM.
• A Highschool Diploma or GED is required.
• Qualified applicants may be asked to provide a writing sample.
Certificates and Licenses Required: A valid Alaska Driver’s license is required for this position and the ability to be insured on CVTC’s vehicle insurance policy.
AN/AI Preference: As allowed in P.L. 93-638, preference for employment will be given to Alaska Native and American Indian peoples.
Visit www.chickaloon-nsn.gov/employ to apply. Please apply by Tuesday, February 13th, 2024. Please contact HR at 745-0749 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.