compensation: 12 per hour DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Department: Corporate Outfitting / Embroidery
Reports to: Corporate Outfitting Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Summary: The Embroidery Operator (EO) is responsible for the accurate and timely completion of all embroidery related orders. The EO assists the Lead Embroidery Operator in working closely with customers on design work and branding standards for all work through the Embroidery Department and ensures strict adherence to these requests.
* Remain committed and accountable for the delivery of exceptional customer service
* Lead by example in a positive and encouraging way that results in team participation, empowers individuality and promotes productivity
* Operate embroidery and sewing machines
* Consistently check completed orders for quality in each design to ensure company standards and specifications are being met
* Maintains a productive flow of all embroidery orders and related requests
* Assist customers with embroidery design
* Input all orders into O&F providing the customer with an invoice.
* Actively pursue opportunity to promote and expand the embroidery customer base
* Communicate effectively and regularly with all fellow Big Ray’s workers
* Participate in ongoing training of aspects of the embroidery functions
* Assist in providing scheduled maintenance procedures for embroidery machines.
* Protect the company’s value and integrity by maintaining confidentiality
* Provide a safe and clean environment for the protection of employees and customers
* Other duties as necessary and/or assigned
* Regular attendance in accordance with established schedule is essential for success in this position as this is the most common time to conduct business with customers, vendors and employees
* Ability to adhere to safety rules and other reasonable regulations pertaining to the position
* Ability to refrain from violence
* Ability to work in cooperation with other workers within the company
* Results orientated
* Ability to multitask consistently
* Interpersonal and listening skills
* Communication skills - verbal and written
* Problem analysis and problem-solving
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Customer-centric focus
* Adaptability and flexibility
* Stress tolerance
* Awareness of new embroidery advances
Skills Experience and Education
* Very strong oral and written communication skills.
* Highly skilled in the operation of embroidery machines and sewing machines
* Highly skilled in the art of sewing names and logos
* Experience in managing a group of people
* Customer service experience
* Trained in the repair and maintenance of embroidery machines
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to: stand or sit for long periods of time, operate and embroidery and/or sewing machine, lift up to 40 lbs., and climb a flight of stairs. The position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, ability to read from a monitor and/or paper for most of the work day, and ability to communicate both in person and on the phone on a regular basis.
These work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder may encounter: This position is performed among large embroidery machines and/or sewing machines in a retail store. The employee will occasionally be on the retail floor among clothing and related fixtures, or in the warehouse among boxes of clothing and fixtures.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers