For more than 80 years, we've been a family-owned business that treats its employees and its customers as a part of the family.
QR Code Link to This Post
As the premier distributor of wholesale beverages in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Hawaii, and Alaska, the Odom Corporation represents many highly recognized brands, including MillerCoors, Coca-Cola, and Monster.
The Odom Corporation currently has a (1) Full-time Sales Representative positions available.
Responsible for managing an assigned territory to maximize volume. Selling responsibilities include introducing and promoting new products, improving distribution, and ensuring promotion results. As a merchandising consultant, the sales representative is expected to understand and execute company standards in all displays in retail accounts. Provide continuing and conscientious service for each account. Must be 21 or older. Must have a current valid Alaska driver's license, good driving record, and no SR-22 insurance requirement.
-Manage an assigned territory by keeping abreast of business conditions, recognizing new opportunities within each account, and keeping the necessary account records.
-Develop the trust and confidence of the retailer as a merchandising consultant.
-Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, and other sources.
-Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talk with customers on the sales floor and by phone.
-Prepare for each sales call by establishing a customer history, credit information, suggestively selling, troubleshooting, knowledge of the company's abilities, etc.
-Prepare timely and accurate reporting to sales management on a variety of sales distribution and promotion issues.
-Maximize sales results through effectively pre-planning and executing daily, weekly, and monthly objectives and developing a sound knowledge of the products and a working knowledge of competitive products.
-Make persuasive presentations, answer questions, overcome objections, and present proof of proposals.
-Display or demonstrate product, using samples or catalog, and emphasize salable features. Quote prices and solicit orders with the assistance of a current price book.
-Make sales and follow-up calls to customers and prospects presenting our brands of products.
-Write orders, design displays, and organize on-site promotions.
-Understand in-store merchandising principles and effectively apply these principles in assigned retail accounts.
-Influence each retail account to use shelf management, cold box, and floor display guidelines to maximize sales opportunities.
-Use point-of-sale materials to increase merchandising success.
• The Sales Representative is responsible for knowing which products each account sells and for keeping all products properly rotated, dusted, rebated, cleaned, and stocked at appropriate levels.
• Adhere to company’s professional dress and appearance policy at all times, projecting a positive image of the company and our product line.
• Perform job duties in a safe manner; considerate to themselves and to others.
• High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)preferred; one to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record, proof of auto insurance (SR-22 is not acceptable), and own means of reliable transportation.
• Prefer beverage sales and/or merchandising experience, knowledge of local market, customer service skills, and experience in the distribution industry.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Must be self motivated, a self starter, and able to work with very little direct supervision.
• Highly organized, with a strong ability to work quickly and accurately while handling competing priorities.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• Use of pallet jacks and hand carts are required to load and unload products for use in customer locations.
• Frequently lift and/or move 10-40 pounds and occasionally moving/pushing or pulling of up to 250 pounds (loaded hand cart or pallet).
• required to regularly stand, walk, lift product floor to waist, shoulder to overhead, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• This position will be performed at Anchorage, AK
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally high due to outside environmental noises.
Notice: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Odom Corporation offers competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, 401k plan, and much more!
Background/Drug Screen. EOE.
Please apply www.odomcorp.com - REQUISITION # SALES008762 - DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.