Our corporate family is a team of passionate, enthusiastic, dedicated and highly qualified people. Our work allows us to create innovative solutions to complex housing issues in our community. We create housing opportunities that empower our people and build our community.
QR Code Link to This Post
We have a great benefits package which includes the Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS), Supplemental Benefit System Annuity Plan (SBS), and employer paid Life/STD/LTD insurance, extremely affordable health coverage, generous PTO accruals, paid holidays, an educational reimbursement program, a great wellness program and 457 optional pre-tax deferrals.
If you are interested in the Construction Superintendent position and you have the expertise, skills and energy to match our mission to provide independence through housing, we encourage you to apply.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Manager of Construction, this position supervises, maintains, develops, directs, coordinates, and expedites all construction related activities of Cook Inlet Housing's Weatherization Program, Mutual Help Modernization, and Force Account Capital Improvement Projects.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
• Ensures quality control to a high degree on all projects utilizing interim project inspections, deficiency punch lists and final project completion inspections.
• Exercises full supervisory authority over all construction personnel to ensure exemplary service and quality workmanship to clients of the Homeowner Assistance Fund Program, Weatherization, and Force Account Capital Improvement Projects.
• Utilizes a computerized work order system to plan, organize, supervise, and prioritize, construction project schedules, and non-routine requests for repairs and services for all eligible projects undertaken by CIHA's Construction and Maintenance Department.
• Performs quality control inspections and punch list work orders throughout all phases of construction projects to ensure excellent craftsmanship and quality customer service.
• Maintains and monitors service contracts to ensure that service is provided in a timely and workman like manner.
• Assists in the preparation, review, and selection of bids for service.
• Coordinates schedules and inspects service and construction work performed by contractors.
• Ensures that work is acceptable, on schedule, performed in a safe workman-like manner, and in accordance with the specifications of the contract.
• Establishes and maintains an employee on-call schedule.
• Generates purchase requests for equipment, materials, or supplies for acquisition and assists with development of bid proposals for small projects and services within CIHA Procurement Policy guidelines.
• Administers and maintains CIHA's Safety Policy on all construction projects to ensure safety of to workers and clients through awareness of safety practices and procedures.
• Works closely with employees, contractors and clients as required to foster good working relationships.
• Oversees and performs accounting and record keeping functions including vendor and contractor records, bids, work orders, and weekly timesheet reports.
• Coordinates employee performance evaluations.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
• Possesses strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Considerable knowledge of the materials and tools involved in all areas of light residential construction, and facility maintenance.
• Knowledge of and ability to utilize computerized software, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Filemaker Pro database, and RS Means estimating software.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and respectful relationships with CIHA clients, contractors, employees, and local suppliers and service providers.
• Ability to create material lists, material cost estimates, determine work priorities, and schedule work.
• Ability to communicate effectively both written or verbal.
• Ability to plan and effectively prioritize, coordinate, and implement various job duties to work independently with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or experience in building/construction management may be substituted for college on a year-for-year basis.
• Five years' experience as a Journey Level Carpenter or similar construction related field and, in a management/supervisory position.
• Valid Alaska Driver’s License.
Please visit www.cookinlethousing.org to submit an application.
Cook Inlet Housing Authority provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Employment preference is given to eligible and qualified Alaska Native or American Indian candidates to the extent required or permitted by applicable law.