compensation: DCR is offering a competitive starting wage with potential for performance bonuses and a 401k Retirement Plan with generous company matching. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Heavy Equipment / Fleet Manager
Dibble Creek Rock Ltd. (DCR) is one of the leading suppliers of gravel and ready-mix concrete on the Lower Kenai Peninsula. Incorporated in 1984, the business has grown steadily over the years and currently employs over 20, hardworking individuals. Each member of the DCR team wears many hats and work very hard towards a common company goal.
Currently, DCR is seeking a friendly, reliable and self-motivated Heavy Equipment / Fleet Manager. The desired applicant must have a thorough knowledge of construction equipment, solid mechanical skills, the ability to work well with others as well as efficiently managing shop operations in a construction company environment.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
• Manage day to day operations of service shop where most equipment repairs and/or maintenance is performed
• Implement and manage fleet Work Order system and assign personnel
• Implement and manage Purchase Order system to efficiently track spending
• Must have the ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues as well as train all service technicians
• Maintain reputable relationship with vendors and manufacturer's representatives
• Manage all purchasing for service shop
• Coordinate training and continuing education opportunities for mechanics and service technicians
Experience / Qualifications:
• Minimum 5 years of experience with heavy equipment management and mechanical experience
• Extensive knowledge of heavy-duty trucks, trailers, earthmoving and crane equipment required
• Excellent organizational, time-management and communication skills with the ability to focus on the tasks at hand
• Strong computer skills are essential (Office365)
• Maintain ability to work professionally and problem solve with all personalities and situations
- Competitive Wage Offered after Probationary Period
- 401K with Generous Company Matching after 1 year
- Subject to Pre-Employment and Random Drug Testing
- Must Possess a Valid Alaska CDL and Clean Driving Record
Prior experience in the construction industry is preferred, however we are willing to train the right person that we feel will suit the future needs of our growing Company.
If you are hardworking, looking for full-time, year-round employment with the opportunity for advancement - please send us your cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers