Tongass Electric is a small, but growing, electrical contracting company located on Prince of Wales Island in Southeast Alaska. We offer residential, commercial, marine and industrial electrical contracting services to Prince of Wales Island and surrounding islands.
QR Code Link to This Post
We are currently seeking a journeyman electrician to work on a number of upcoming projects and potentially stay with us full time. The following are required:
• Flexibility (will work on residential, industrial, marine or commercial projects)
• Willingness to Travel (We have jobsites all over Southeast Alaska)
• Well-rounded (a firm knowledge of both commercial and residential electrical systems)
• Professional attitude and appearance (must be able to appear professional and communicate professionally with Tongass Electric customers)
• Good attitude and sense of humor (we have a great crew right now who all enjoy working around each other. It is very important that things stay that way.)
• State of Alaska Commercial Journeyman Certificate of Fitness
• Valid Drivers License
What we can offer:
• Pay DOE
• Flexible work schedule
• We are in the process of securing an employee health insurance plan so that may be coming in the future.
• Ideally, we would like someone to relocate to Prince of Wales Island but if commuting from somewhere else to work for us, we may be able to provide help with travel, housing and meal costs. Details negotiated case-by-case.
• Travel and adventure - Last week our crew was loaded onto a landing craft to head out to a remote hydro project and this week we chartered a plane to take them to Petersburg Alaska for a residential housing project. They enjoy seeing different areas of Alaska.
If you are interested, please send us an email with your resume including professional references.
You can visit our Facebook page or website as well: